Friday, July 1, 2011

Stick weaving

I recently went to the B.C. Highland Games, and while I was there I discovered stick weaving. I'd never heard of it before, and when I found out that there was a kit for stick weaving for sale I soon decided that I had to buy it.

I took photos of the first thingy I made with it (because I'm just weird like that) and wanted to share them here.

I'm thinking that I might make little patches with this and do needlework on the patches for my Etsy shop.







Ta da! My first stick woven thingy completed. :)

It's really easy.

I tried to find the place I bought it from online so that I share a link here, but no luck. All I can tell you is that their e-mail addy is celtic_daughters_art@yahoo.ca. I also had a really good conversation about SCA with the woman who demonstrated stick weaving to me and who sold me the kit.

EDIT: Don't forget to enter my giveaway! :)

No comments: